These Vietnamese Spring Rolls look like they’d be so fun!
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup finely diced brown mushrooms
- 7 oz cooked, peeled, and deveined baby shrimp, tails removed
- 1 oz peanuts, chopped fine
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 medium-size romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned and dry
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- Spray a skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray, and sauté mushrooms over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix pre-cooked shrimp, peanuts, hot sauce, fish sauce, mint, and cilantro in with the mushrooms.
- Place the lettuce leaves flat on a cutting board. Fill each with a portion of the shrimp mixture, and top with sprouts.
- Fold the sides of the leaves inward; then roll them tightly to form a spring roll. Secure with toothpicks if desired. Repeat until all lettuce leaves are filled and rolled. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
YIELDS: 1 serving.
PER SERVING: 1 Leanest | 3 Green | 2 Condiments | 2 Healthy Fats