Loving these recipe options! Nat is getting healthier too because of what we are cooking up around here
- 1/2 lb. 90-94% lean ground beef
- 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Place ground beef in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Season with taco seasoning and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. In a small blender or food processor, combine Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble Mason jar salads. Divide each salad ingredient evenly amongst two, 32-oz mason jars and layer in the following order: dressing, pico de gallo, beef, cheese, bell pepper, and shredded lettuce. Secure with lids, and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
YIELD: 2 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 3 Green, 3 Condiments
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes