I like a good recipe where most ingredients are already on hand.
- 4 tsp oil, such as peanut oil divided
- 4 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (15 oz/400g), trimmed and riced (should yield about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced asparagus
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dry chili paste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat one teaspoon of oil until almost smoking.
- Add the egg whites and allow to cook undisturbed over medium heat until the egg turns into a firm “omelet.” Once firm, break it apart in the wok with a wooden spoon, and continue to cook until the pieces begin to lightly brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat two teaspoons of oil over very high heat. Add the chicken breast and mushrooms and cook, stirring continuously until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat the remaining oil and add the cauliflower and asparagus. Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, return the cooked egg white and chicken mushroom mixture into the wok and mix thoroughly.
- Add the soy sauce, chili paste and cilantro, continue to mix thoroughly. Serve warm.
YIELDS: 4 servings
PER SERVING: 1 Leaner, 3 Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 2 Condiments
350 Calories, 13 g fat, 9 g carbohydrate, 44 g protein