This looks like a great recipe to throw on the menu for this week.
- 1 ¾ pounds raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- One 4-oz. can diced green chiles, not drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- Optional topping: chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a slow cooker, and season with salt and black pepper. Add 1/2 cup water and all remaining ingredients except cauliflower. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Shred with two forks — one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across and shred it. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker, and mix well.
- Pulse cauliflower in a blender until reduced to rice-sized pieces, working in batches as needed.
- Add cauliflower rice to the slow cooker, and stir to mix.
- If cooking at low heat, increase heat to high. Cover and cook for 45 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is tender.
YIELDS: 3 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 leaner protein, 3 vegetables, 3 condiments