Doesn’t it look delicious?
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tsp low-fat parmesan cheese
- Combine the chicken and stock in a large pot, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remover the chicken thighs from the broth and set aside to cool.
- Add the vegetables to the simmering broth and continue to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cool enough, shred it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Stir in the tomatoes, basil and pepper. Serve soup in bowls with a teaspoon of parmesan cheese per serving.
Yield: 4 servings • per serving: 1 lean, 3 greens, 3 condiments • total time: 1 hour • per serving 300 calories • 32g protein • 15g carbohydrates • 12g fat