I’m so glad this plan keeps typical meals on the menu in a healthier form!
- 1 1/2 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp prepared mustard (1/3 Condiment)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce (2 Condiments)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1/2 Condiment)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (1/2 Condiment)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 Condiments)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (1 Condiment)
- Lightly oil the grill and heat the grill to medium.
- Whisk egg with next five ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Crumble in beef and use your hands or a fork to gently mix together.
- Handle the meat as little as possible.
- The more you work it, the tougher it gets.
- Gently shape (don’t firmly press) mixture into burgers about 3/4 inch thick.
- Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in the center of each burgerto prevent puffing up during cooking.
- Place burgers on the grill and close the lid.
- Grill until no longer pink inside, turning once, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- An instant read thermometer should read 160 F.
- Don’t abuse your burger by pressing with a spatula, pricking with a fork, or turning frequently as precious juices will be lost!
YIELDS: 4 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 1.5 Condiments