This would be a fun addition to your favorite basic veggies
- 45 ounces raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil• 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Splenda
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, splenda, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using and sesame seeds.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions
YIELDS: 5 servings
PER SERVING: 1 leaner protein, 3 condiments