This looks delicious, going to try it out next week!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 9 oz. each~Yields 6 oz cooked (4 leaners)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (3 healthy fats)
- 1 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese (1 healthy fat)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 condiments)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (1/4 condiment)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (2 condiments)
- 1/4 Salt (1 condiment)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (1 condiment)
- 1 cup (4 oz) zucchini halved and cut into half moons (2 greens)
- 1 cup (4 oz) yellow squash halved and cut into half moons (2 greens)
- 1 cup (5.26 oz) Roma tomato cut into thin slices (or Roasted Red Pepper) (2 greens)
- 1/2 oz red onion halved and cut into half moons (4 condiments)
- 2 Tbsp crumbled non-fat Feta cheese (2 condiments)
- Extra dill and fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken on prepared sheet pan.
- Using a sharp knife make 5-6 slits on the back of the chicken about ¾ of the way through the chicken (careful not to slice all the way through).
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Brush chicken breasts (including inside the slits) with olive oil mixture. Set aside any remaining olive oil mixture.
- In a large bowl, add zucchini slices, yellow squash, tomato (or roasted red pepper) and red onion. Drizzle remaining olive oil mixture over vegetables and gently mix to coat.
- Stuff the slits on the back of the chicken with zucchini, yellow squash, tomato and red onion and feta.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and feta on top of stuffed chicken breast.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through (about 20-25 minutes).
- If desired switch the oven from bake to broil for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking for a more bubbly and browned cheese.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill and parsley.
YIELDS: 4 servings
PER SERVING:1 leaner, 1 1/2 greens, Roughly 2 1/2 condiments, and 1 healthy fat