I doubled this and had guests over. It was so good! You can eat healthy and it still be delicious!
- 4 (7 ounce) raw bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 pounds total)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1 15-ounce can petit diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large zucchini (about 12 ounces) cut, sliced or “spiralized” into noodle-like strands (should yield about 2 1/2 cups zucchini “noodles”)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Combine chicken, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Set on low for 6-8 hours.
- Right before serving, stir in zucchini noodles and basil, mix thoroughly to combine.
YIELD: 4 servings
COMPLETE LEAN AND GREEN MEAL: 1 lean, 3 green, 1 condiment
PER SERVING: 310 calories, 38 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 12 g fat
TOTAL TIME: 6-8 hours (slow cooker)